A new case study from one of our long-time customers !
Our organization distributes Christian literature through volunteer groups based in two European countries. We needed a central database to keep a record of when, where, and how many pieces of literature were distributed by our multiple groups. This database also had to be accessible by individual members in a manner that was efficient and allowed for various levels of access.
To manage the central database, we used MySQL 5.X, with a PHP interface that was developed by CopyCat ; this interface was essential for facilitating safe and encrypted access to the database. For client access, we used Firebird 2.X. Using this framework, and with the support of CopyCat, we were able to accomplish the following:
- The central database was accessible by each member of each group on their local computer, even when working offline.
- All new data was automatically compiled and updated within the central database.
- Each group’s access to the database was restricted, such that a group could change the administrative options for its own geographical region, but not the options for another group’s region.
- Within a given group, members who were higher in the administration were allowed greater levels of access to their system.
Given CopyCat’s software and developer support, we were able to design an easy to use, and easy to manage, central database with efficient and flexible client access.
I will be speaking at the Firebird conference in Prague
on the 24th and 25th of October 2014, presenting recent changes in CopyCat, offering a hands-on demonstation, answering questions, and so on…
So if you are curious about CopyCat and plan to attend the conference, I hope to meet up with you !
We are pleased to announce a new release of our database replication engine, CopyCat Developer !
This new release includes the following improvements:
* PostgreSQL support
* Oracle support
I am pleased to announce that CopyCat LiveMirror 1.3 is officially available! You can download the evaluation version here
, or the registered version from your private user area.
Changes in this release :
- Various core changes and minor bug fixes.
- Fixed bug saving database configuration data.
- Fixed bug causing errors with wide string fields in some situations.
- Improved log viewer window so that it’s responsive even when holding a large log file.
- Added an error reporting module allowing for more detailed error messages and bug reports.
- Fixed bug causing automatic replication to stop after database connection loss. In such a case, LiveMirror will now continue trying to reestablish a connection every time replication fires.
- LiveMirror now excludes fields with errorneous field names (DATE, TYPE, USER, etc) that were allowed in older versions of Firebird and can still be present in some databases.
- Automatically grant full rights to all users for RPL$ system tables created by LiveMirror, so that there will be no error when inserting into RPL$LOG through the triggers when a user makes changes to the database.